Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting in the Way of Making Money

I spent yesterday doing job interviews. I could have spent it much more profitably watching my portfolio. If I had been around I would have bought back the calls I wrote against my CME position at a very nice profit. But after the CME jumped more than $15 a share I must now continue to hold them.

This is not the worst problem to have I admit. But sometimes trying to make a living can get in the way of making a living.

On another topic, Sequenom Inc. (SQNM) has fired most of their senior officers in the midst of what looks like a fudged test data scandal. Unfortunately, we own some of this stock. It was doing OK for us, but the stock has dropped in the pre-market by more than 45%. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment