Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Keep Thinking We are Going to Have a Correction...

Everyone thinks we are going to have a correction, including me. But when? The market keeps making a monkey out of us by breaking out to the upside every time a correction seems to have started.

These kinds of market moves are a good example of why it is really hard to go to cash only positions. If I sold everything at each point that a correction was starting (or so I thought), I would have missed a lot of profits so far this year.

The key to this market seems to be staying flexible. Be careful, and pay very close attention! A correction will come, but right now the market keeps surprising to the upside.

As far as specific trading we are doing right now:
1) We bought some LVS (again!) as the stock seems to be renewing it's uptrend.
2) We added to our N. Y. Stock Exchange (NYX) position as this stock is also acting a bit stronger.

We will continue to be quick to take profits on our positions as we still think a correction will occur sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment